Monday, August 22, 2016

Wisconsin Photography 2016 opens Sunday in Racine

The show: Wisconsin Photography 2016

Sneak preview:


I am pleased and honored to report that five of my images were juried into this show. This is one of them. I shot it at the Lynden Sculpture Garden during my residency there last year. It involves no 'trick photography' or photoshop gimmickry. Straight photo. Feel free to ask me how I did it when you see me at the opening (or whenever!)

Awards Ceremony and Reception:
Sunday, August 28, 2:00 – 4:00 pm
Awards presentation 3:00 pm


Location: Racine Art Museum's Wustum campus
2519 Northwestern Ave, Racine, Wisconsin

Here is some info about the show from the RAM website:

"Wisconsin Photography is a statewide competition organized by RAM’s Wustum Museum since 1979. Thanks to the support of state photographers, the exhibition continues to introduce the museum’s visitors to a wide range of photographic media and artists’ viewpoints. This year's show features 102 pieces by 38 Wisconsin photographers and video artists.


"The museum received online submissions from all over the state. Of 886 pieces submitted by 91 artists, less than one-third of the artists were accepted into this year's show. The exhibition’s juror Karen Irvine selected the 101 images and one video for Wisconsin Photography 2016. Irvine is Curator and Associate Director at Museum of Contemporary Photography, Columbia College in Chicago, Illinois."



Here is another of my images included in the show. This one is from a relatively new (and never before exhibited) series from the High Line in New York.

I hope you'll join me at the opening. Or, if you can't make it that day, check out the show, which will be on display through November 26. 

For more information about Wisconsin Photography 2016, go to the RAM website.



2 comments:

  1. Visited Wustum today for a Racine Kenosha Arts Resource Fair. I got to admire your photos again...I am partial to murals and graffiti...!

    ReplyDelete